Your clicking on this blog page may demonstrate you possess, among many, two important human qualities: curiosity and wanderlust - two very essential traits for living and exploring some of your dreams.
See if any of the following resonate with you..
- seeking extraordinary places to vacation?
- escaping land living for a short time?
- experiencing island paradises?
- sailing to an island paradises?
- viewing eye-opening sea and sky colors?
- living for a week / more on a 40' catamaran?
- sharing the thrills of a safe on-water?
- beach-combing idyllic sandy shores?
- snorkeling or dive a coral reef amongst schools of tropical fish?
- relaxing / sun-bathing aboard / ashore?
- exploring and/or hiking exotic locations?
- kayak or dinghy islands, reefs, sandbars, cuts, caves,
- fish (line or spear) reefs?
- rest, read, sleep, "chill", "veg", "crash" in warmth and wonder?
If any or all your responses piqued your interest, read on. I have created a way we can make this adventure convenient, comfortable, safe and affordable for you as well as fair and beneficial to me. Not a charter, more a barter.
For comparison: Sunsail / Moorings ask between $6,000 - $8,000 per week to charter a 40' Leopard catamaran without a captain, cook or crew. They have over 250 of these cats in the BVIs just to show how popular they are.
- You make all travel/flight arrangements.
- You pay for all food and supplies at cost (US is cheapest).
- You pre-purchase fuel (diesel, regular gas, propane at cost).
- Mystique accommodations won't cost you anything
- Use of dinghy, 2 kayaks, snorkeling gear is not an extra.
- We discuss destinations and itinerary together.
- You contribute to my boat, maintenance personal expenses (TBD).
- You and I estimate + compensate me for preparation expenses ((TBD).
- Other additional arrangements compensated accordingly.
- I become your skipper and guide. See photos and my resume.
My father threw me into a sailboat when I was five so I have been sailing and cruising for close to 60 years. While I possess many nautical and sailing talents, my skills are limited by my passions. I have often discovered crew possess expertise that I do not have.
If your talents, skills, knowledge, experience, expertise, physical abilities, resources and/or understanding overlap with my needs, we may be able to help each other even more than financial remuneration. Share them with me and we will create a Win /Win arrangement.
I discuss ways crew and skipper can co-create an incredible experience for all concerned. The cost of this experience depends upon what you request. Each experience is personalized / customized to a crew's unique circumstances (timing, location, duration, # of crew, extras. etc)
Here is a list of how crew have helped (bartered with) me in the past:
- engine mechanics
- electrical fixes
- maintenance / repairs
- daily boat / cleaning chores
- boat improvements
- contribute an expertise
So I ask for crew help and contributions.
Possible Ways to Contribute:
- Pay for your food and fuels.
- Assist with daily maintenance and crew chores.
- Compensate Henry for his expenses during your time on Mystique
- Exchange/barter your expertise and services with boat needs
- Prepay Henry for Mystique's preparation and transport (TBD).
- Pay for captain's food / cleaning expenses during time on Mystique.
- Prepay for any nautical training or instruction.
This sponsorship guarantees reservations - dates, location and duration for Mystique and Henry -You inform Henry where and when you want Mystique to meet you and any other crew - (availability and arrangements subject to previous commitments).
- prepay captain for boat preparation, transport and marina expenses (monthly stipend - TBD)
- contribute to ongoing boat maintenance expenses (TBD)
- contribute to boat improvements - i.e. additional solar panel, wind generator, sails, repairs, haulouts (TBD)
- part / percentage ownership investment - you recoup percentage at sale. (TBD)
Crews and Helpful Information